Archive for the ‘News’ Category
Since the last news on Monday at 21:00 (local time), the volcano is now erupting ash to a height of between 3 and 4 Km with some lava visible from the crater, a new ash cloud is spreading south and east towards the UK, the volcano eruption in Iceland is getting more agressive . The predictions on how the new and the old cloud are traveling are very changeble, and the eruptions could continue on the next coming days.
Some Scottish airsports should be available from 07:00 (GMT) and more airspace over England may become available from 13:00 (GMT) although not as far south as the main London airports and others in south UK.
The next update on news is schedule for 09:00 (GMT), today, Tuesday 20 April.
Update on 28th April: Most of the flight companies seem to be running with normality. Is still advised just before you depart to the airport to check with your flight operator as new ash clouds could come with short notice making your flight to be cancelled.
As of 5th May 2009, the Health Protection Agency has 27 confirmed human cases of swine influenza virus in the UK, although it is expected this number will increase. More testing is underway to confirm the ease with which the human cases of swine influenza might spread. Current testing has indicated that anti-virals can be used to treat the virus.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has raised its pandemic alert level to Phase 5. ‘This is characterised by human-to-human spread of the virus into at least two countries in one WHO region. While most countries will not be affected at this stage, the declaration of Phase 5 is a strong signal that pandemic is imminent and that the time to finalise the organisation, communication and implementation of the planned mitigation measures is short’.
Do an auto test to see if you could have the virus:
In the last 7 days have you visited Mexico or any of the following areas of the USA?
- New York City
Just to be safe
It’s possible to have cold or flu symptoms with other medical conditions. It’s always best to check for these first, just to be safe, before checking your other symptoms.
Do any of the following apply to you?
- I have pain in or across the centre of my chest
- I have pain in my shoulder, arm or jaw
- I am severely short of breath and I can’t talk in full sentences
- I have swelling around my lips, mouth, tongue or throat
- My lips, fingernails or toenails are changing colour
- I have a headache so bad that I can’t do anything
- I can’t move my chin down to my chest
- I find looking at bright light painful
- I am unusually drowsy or confused
- I am developing a new rash with tiny red or purple pinprick marks that do not fade when I press a clear glass or finger against them
- I am developing pinprick marks that are changing into purple blotches, bruises or blood blisters
12 Natural Tips to Prevent a Cold:
Wash Your Hands
Don’t Cover Your Sneezes and Coughs With Your Hands
Don’t Touch Your Face
Drink Plenty of Fluids
Take a Sauna
Get Fresh Air
Do Aerobic Exercise Regularly
Eat Foods Containing Phytochemicals
Cut Alcohol Consumption